The patented OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbine operates at heads from 2.5 up to 200 meters. We have developed this turbine type especially for small hydropower. Currently, it is available with outputs of up to 6 megawatts. Even at very low water flows it reliably supplies energy and copes excellently with fluctuating water volumes. This is achieved by two cells inside the turbine, which can operate independently of each other. The small unit only requires 5% of the design water volume to start the turbine.
Therefore, OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbines operate almost all year round, even when other turbine types have long since stopped working.
Concentrating on the essential criteria of good hydropower design principles makes the original OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbine very robust. Operational lifetimes of many decades are the rule. The secret of its success is simplicity: only three moving parts ensure minimum maintenance and maximum technical reliability.
We configure every plant precisely and individually according to the requirements of your project.
As the market leader we offer:
- Significant efficiency advantage over competitor products
- Calibrated and hydraulically perfect guide vanes
- Maintenance-free guide vane bearings
- Flow-hydraulically optimized runner profile
- Durable grease lubricated runner bearings
- Maintenance-free shaft sealing
- Industrial components with a long service life